18 February 2008

Out of Money

I've reached an all time low in my financial valley, but thus is life with a salary like mine. Visiting with other assistants is some consolation, as we're all in the same rocky boat being tossed around by the terrible exchange rate and our limitations on further work. Technically we're not allowed to find another job, unless it's under-the-table waitressing, babysitting, translating, or something along those lines. I've just about reached the limit on my credit card (thankfully, no interest applies yet), so that can no longer be my crutch. Live and learn to live more economically, I guess.

I'm leaving Paris today so Celine can get ready for her boyfriends visit later this week. Her school schedule doesn't align with mine, so when I restart classes, she'll have her official vacation. I would like to wander around Paris for the next few days, but that just isn't possible with my lack of funds. I have a plan to help me cope with the rest of my time on my meager wages. March will be my month of economy, so that when my girlfriends come in April I'll be able to show them a good time. (We'll have a good time even if we're couchsurfing and subsisting on baguettes and butter).

In happier news, I figured out how to post pictures and you can see a sample of our week in Spain.

No comments: